Technical Project Manager
OneSky is a high-tech startup focused on providing uncrewed traffic management (UTM) software products to safely integrate drone and advanced air mobility (AAM) aircraft into national airspaces. OneSky’s global portfolio of projects is growing rapidly. We’re looking for energetic technical leaders to work directly with customers and ensure world class project execution. This position is 100% remote and you can expect to travel about 10% of the time.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
● Own the customer relationship. Work with customers at a detailed technical level to define project requirements and ensure OneSky products are deployed in a manner that fully satisfies those requirements.
● Be the primary liaison between the customer and OneSky software development, product management, and DevOps teams. Help identify and prioritize customer needs as potential future product enhancements.
● Perform functional testing of OneSky products by applying customer-centric use cases. Help ensure quality of product deployments for your customers.
● Become an expert in the operation of UTM and other OneSky products, and train customer end-users using your expertise
● Support customers with live-fly events as appropriate per project requirements
● Participate in the monitoring and first-line trouble-shooting of live cloud-hosted product deployments
● Develop and monitor project tasks and schedules in alignment with standardized OneSky processes
● Support technical aspects of project proposals
● Have fun! Enjoy the journey of contributing to a company uniquely positioned to influence the global uncrewed aviation industry.
Required Skills and Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in an engineering or scientific discipline (aerospace, software, engineering, etc)
● Experience in the aviation/aerospace industry (e.g., engineer, crewed/uncrewed vehicle operator, air traffic controller, airspace regulator, addicted enthusiast, etc.)
● Experience making technical contributions to distributed (remote) teams
● Passionate about contributing to emerging eVTOL, AAM, UAM, and BVLOS drone markets, and working with a wide range of challenging aviation and air traffic management applications
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● Capable of self-management and responsibly executing multiple tasks in accordance with priorities and deadlines
● U.S. Citizen/Green Card Holder
Highly Desired Skills/Qualifications:
Experience with AWS and or/other cloud hosting environments
Experience testing systems using scripting, Postman, etc.
Experience with GIS concepts and data
Experience with RESTful APIs, Server-Sent Events (SSE), Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, MQTT
Experience with UI design
Experience with Systems Tool Kit (STK) and/or Cesium
Experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred)
Software development experience (JIRA, GitHub, Java, .NET Core/C#)